Skillful, Experienced, and Effective New York Divorce Attorney
Divorce is a life altering event with great emotional and financial consequences. There are many important factors in virtually every divorce: child custody and visitation, child support, spousal maintenance (alimony), and property distribution.
Michael D. Weinstein has been practicing all aspects of matrimonial and divorce law since 1985, from prenuptial agreements, through separation and divorce, both at the trial and appellate level.
Our goal: To explain divorce law to you, and then help plan for and obtain the most efficient result
A divorce attorney’s first duty is to answer all of your questions, advise you of both your rights and obligations, and to clear up any misconceptions you may have concerning the divorce process.
This includes information about each of the factors to be considered in divorce cases, regardless of whether the case is settled by mediation, negotiation, or litigated and decided in court. Those factors may include:
- The likely amount and duration of basic child support, and child support add-ons.
- The likely amount and duration (if any) of spousal maintenance (alimony).
- Legal vs. physical custody, and visitation.
- Equitable distribution of marital property and debts.
- Determining whether any property is considered separate, non-marital property, and thus not subject to equitable distribution.
- Medical insurance and the payment of unreimbursed health-related expenses.
As a divorce attorney and client advocate, Michael D. Weinstein’s goal in representing clients faced with the turmoil of divorce and separation is to help guide them through this difficult process toward the next phase of their life, as fairly, and reasonably as possible, while protecting and preserving clients’ rights.
Call the office of Michael D. Weinstein, Esq. for a free consultation about your divorce.
Conveniently located in Tarrytown, close to White Plains, NY, in Westchester County. Also serving Rockland and Putnam Counties.
Divorce Attorney, Divorce Litigator, Divorce Expert.