Deprecated: Required parameter $meta_value follows optional parameter $meta_key in /home/mweinste/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lawyer-plugin/options/functions/fallback.php on line 31
July 28, 2021 - Michael Weinstein
Call Us:914-332-8824

Daily Archives: July 28, 2021

The Legal Documents You Need When You Travel; The Legal Documents You Need When Your Child Turns 18

It may seem morbid to prepare or assemble estate planning and health care documents for healthy young people, or in anticipation of traveling for a vacation, but accidents and illnesses happen, and for young adults about to leave home, it is especially important that they have appropriate planning documents once they reach the age of 18, because parents will then no longer have access to or control over their children’s health care information, decisions, or finances. There are two essential planning documents that everyone should have digital copies of on their phone or tablet when they travel, and make sure that their 18 year old children sign to insure that proper measures can be taken in the event of an emergency: a Health Care Proxy, and a Durable Power of Attorney. When your children turn 18, you no longer have the authority to talk to their doctors or make healthcare

Do you need professional legal assistance?